Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas 2011 - Silver & Gold Living Room

My Open House has come and gone so now it's fair game to post pics of the house.  I'll post each room in a seperate post.  These pics are of my living room.  I went with a gold and silver color palette and added in some handmade ornaments made from sheet music. 

The tree is the new Jim Shore display tree that I purchased this year on eBay.  I love the individual rings that allow you to see through.  I placed ornaments inside the tree, hanging from the spokes of each ring.

The pine spray above the round mirror was made by piecing together branches from an old artificial tree.


Notice all the gold picture frame thoughout the room.  Most belonged to my aunt.  I saved them from being put into an auction when she passed away.  Places like Goodwill and Salvation Army are great places to find similiar things.  Pitch the picture and save the frame.


The large cardboard books and paper light up church were great finds at my local Marshall's and TJ Max.  Those are usually things you can find on the shelves on clearance after Christmas.

I love this piece.  It is a greenhouse made from a reclaimed window.

I slid a dowel rod through the top and then used curling ribbon to tie and hang ornaments.




I always decorate above my windows in the living room.  Notice the large ornaments hanging from beads.  Most people are afraid to purchase such big pieces but they are great when used in the right places.  These particular ornaments were purchased at Menards after Christmas a few years ago.  They were probably about $2.00 a piece.

1 comment: