Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas 2011 - Black & White Bedroom

My bedroom has been painted five different times since I've owned my house.  There wasn't a white room in the house until three years ago.  After four other color schemes had graced the bedroom walls, I caved and painted white just to be different.  I love it and haven't touched it since.  The first year I did all clear glass and last year the tree itself was black (to compliment the new black crystal chandelier) with clear glass and silver. 

This year I went with my chandelier tree (upside down that hangs freely from the ceiling) with everything black and white.  I used feathers in this room.  I'll blog later on how to incorporate them into your holiday decor.  Enjoy this year's Black & White bedroom! 

Upside down tree, suspended from the ceiling to compliment the chandelier.

 
I added wreaths and ornaments, hung with ribbon in my empty frames.

 

Beads can be used in a different way when on an upside down tree.  Because they hang freely, I often hang them in single strands, downward instead of swagging from branch to branch.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment