Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas 2011 - Jewel Tone Bathroom

I knew what my plans were for the bathroom way back in January.  I purchased everything that I used in there on clearance from KMart after Christmas last year.  It was all a part of the Jaqueline Smith line, in colors of gold, hot pink, rose, plum and purple.  I purchased quite a bit of what was on the shelf but only used about half of it on this tree.  I would guess that what you see in these pics costs about $15-20.  Why was all of this great stuff still on the shelf at 80-90% off?  Because most people can't imagine how they would use such color combinations.

This tree was purchased over ten years ago from Dollar General for about $20.


I made the swag over the window (which also hides the cords to the lights) by twisting together left over branches from the tree.

Don't forget to save ornaments while decorating the tree so you can also decorate around the rest of the room.

Here is a matching garland that I purchased with the rest of the set.  I took wire cutters and cut of small sections and used them as picks in the tree and garland.  I also purchased a matching wreath that I'll use some other year when I use these colors in a larger room.

No comments:

Post a Comment