Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas Krinkles: The First Tree

In a previous post I talked about Krinkles...one of my favorite line of collectibles by the artist Patience Brewster.  I shared how my love (or obsession) with them began the first year that I worked for Bergner's, setting up the Trim-A-Home department.  That year they had purchased the Krinkles display tree.  I fell in love with the tree as I was unpacking and hanging the ornatments on it.  The tree is supported at the base by four large red high heel shoes...which are a trademark feature for the collection.



I was very lucky to be able to purchase the tree at the end of the holiday.  It has been quite a conversation piece and something that a lot of friends look forward to seeing.  I don't use it every year but when I do, I typically decorate the rest of the room that it's in with other pieces from the Krinkle collection.  The tree hasn't been out for the last two years so I decided that this was a good year to use it again.  I'll post pics after the open house (December 2nd) and also feature some of the pieces that I'll be using this year.

Krinkles Mini Ornament Display Tree

10 comments:

  1. We have the 'Mini' tree, but If you ever want to sell the full size one you have -- just e-mail me at rtkistner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see more pictures of how you decorate this tree. Have you ever put lights on it? I just purchased one and can't wait for it to arrive. Hurry up Christmas 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a large Krinkles tree and a tree full of Krinkles ornaments I would like to sell. Know anyone interested? All in excellent condition. Sara Wallace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much are you asking for your tree? It's 7 foot one correct?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I will buy it from you. Can you sell it to me? Do you still have it?

      Delete
    3. I forgot to give you my email. Please email me if you will sell me the tree..I am looking for a big crinkles tree...I hope you still have it.... Thank you, email me at ngcpc030761@aol.com

      Nellie

      Delete
    4. What other email can I email you at. I would love to buy the Krinkles tree from you.

      Thank you, Nellie email: ngcpc030761@aol.com

      Delete
  4. We have been collecting Krinkles for over a decade. Our grown children have collected them with us. Most of the items were bought out of town. We have found a few in our town. We have the large tree and two smaller ones. Collecting Krinkles has become a Christmas tradition. I have received other Krinkles for holidays and birthdays. I love to show my collection to others. We have all our main rooms decorated with Krinkles decor during December. It makes the holidays whimsical. I love that there is a Nativity and Noah's Ark in the collection. Krinkles has something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My big and my mini Krinkles ❤️ Trees are my favorites! The large one is decorated with all the Kringle ornaments except the dogs; they go on the mini tree in the dogs room with some light brown ceramic dog bones hung with little red ribbons. If you want lights on the large trees, the lighted Christmas earrings work, but you have to light each individually. They’re cheap and run on batteries so no cords!!! I hope my children will continue to pass these special trees down in our family for eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am missing one of the longest branches at the bottom of the tree….if you know where I could replace it, I would love the info. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete