Saturday, May 5, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Tuscan Themed Kitchen

Whoa...I'm way behind on blogging lately.  I've been planning a wedding for my brother and it has taken over my life.  LOL 

When it came time to finalize the decor plans for the house I decided to use a bunch of the stuff I had made throughout the year.  I went with a Tuscan theme for the kitchen, using the colors brown, lime green and purple.

There are several parts of this room that include projects I made throughout the year.  Here's a list of what made it into this room's theme.
Here's a look into my kitchen last year...



Those crates are not a part of my everyday decor in the kitchen.  I added them just for the season to compliment the theme of the room.  It's always more fun to decorate the whole room...not just put up a tree.

I always say that no space is safe from being decorated...LOL  Notice that I even add a sprig of garland to the tops of my pictures and hangings, then decorate them to match the rest of the room.


I always decorate this old window pane that I have hanging from my ceiling year round.

I tried something new with the cupboards this year by lining the underside with garland.  It was done by placing a few screws along the bottom of the cupboards and then wrapping a branch around the screw to secure the garland.  It was kind of neat and different.

I should note...a lot of the lime green and brown ornaments are plastic "filler" ornaments that I've purchased for 75% and 80% off after Christmas each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment