Thursday, March 15, 2012

Christmas Krinkles: Greeting Cards

Patience Brewster ,the artist who creates the Krinkles (which I absolutely adore), began as a childrens book illustrator and then moved into making a line of greeting cards.  The Krinkles line was born after Department 56 discovered her through her cards.  She continues to create cards in the whimisicle style that she is so well known for. 

I love having the cards that match the figures that I own.  I place the cards into a simple frame and use them to display along with my pieces.  I think it's kind of fun to show the original sketch that inspired the actual piece that I've got on display.  If you look closely you can see how I've got a few of the cards incorporated into the display of my Krinkle room from 2011.



I've included a few of her Christmas cards below for you to enjoy.  I purchase most of my cards from an online store called Fiddlesticks.  Check out the great line of Brewster greeting cards they offer by selecting the Patience Brewster link on the left side of their store front.







No comments:

Post a Comment