Thursday, January 26, 2012

If You Can Spell...

I absolutely love the use of letters in decor.  I have an additcion to letters which is evident by my initials all over my house in every font, size and color.  I think it's a really fun way to incorporate something personal into your space.  If you look in just the right places you can find letters everywhere.  I love digging through the bins at places like Michaels to find letter items to give to friends (and of course for myself...since I can't ever seem to have enough around the house.  LOL).

If you know how to spell and find a bin of random letters then think Christmas.  Here is what goes through my mind when I find that amazing bin of letter cut outs...

I'm looking for...
   D, A or S for myself
   K for Kylie, L for Leah, R for Ryan...and so on.

But then I start thinking...
   JOY, NOEL, HO HO HO, MERRY, ...get it???

Anything you find can easily be painted with spray paint or basic acrylic paints.  Here are some of the things I've found recently.

These letters were $1 a piece from Michael's.  They already have a nice finish and have hangers already installed on the back.  These would make perfect tie-ons for a gift.  I will likely string these together on a piece of ribbon using the hangers on the back and then swag them or hang in the center of a large wreath.


I got these foam letters in a clearance bin at Barnes & Noble.  I think all four of them cost me about $6.  I will give these a matching coat of paint and use them on a shelf or worked into a centerpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment